sexta-feira, 3 de abril de 2009

Literature thing.

I don't know why but now I felt some kind of need to post something here. My life has been a crazy thing and I barely have time to breathe. But I try, sometimes. Ok that for internet I have more than enough time, it's true but meanwhile I still work and try to study something.

I can't wait to start my Literature research with a small group, my professor said that we'll start maybe this month. And I think it will be very nice because Literature is my passion. And I'm not talking about my own passion of writing poetry or something. I'm talking about the changes that are always happening in my point of view influenced by Literature.

I'm reading (or trying to read) three books but now I'm concentrated specially in one called The Catcher in the Rye, it's been an intersting narrative about a simple guy facing his teenager's problems. I would define this book as the perfect guide for losers! I think it matches pretty well.

But, before I start this reading, I was reading (and I'm sure I will finish it!) a book written by Charles Bukowski whose title in English I don't know but in Portuguese is called 'Misto Quente'. To be honest it's pretty similar to the Catcher in the Rye because it's a loser story too!

And, shame on me, I stopped reading Crime and Punishment but I intend to finish it soon. It's interesting because it's a long narrative about a guy facing his acts (for example, the murder of two women) and specially his condition wich is the fact that he is a poor guy in a very miserable situation. Although he (up to now) seems to be regreted we don't know if it would be something that couldn't happen again. And that's what is interesting about this story. But if I'm not wrong, by reading some summaries of this book, the character called Raskólnikov feel regreted for what he has done then he can move on his life like he was totally recovered from this crime.

Did you see how Literature makes me write a lot? I could pass all week talking about Literature and all its theory that it's something that I really apreciate. Analyze characters, time, space sounds fascinating for me.

Well I think I've written to much! I'll stop here.

See you all.

2 comentários:

Unknown disse...

I've read "The Catcher in the Rye" too. I've enjoyed the book a lot, but I don't remember many details, since it has been a while. You are absolutely right when you say Bukowski's book is related to the one by Salinger. Even the original title has to do with Salinger's classic. "Misto Quente"'s original title is "Ham On Rye" ;)

Happy reading. I love this blog ;).

Suellen Rubira disse...

It's pretty cool to know that the original title as a lot to do with Salinger's book!

Thanks for the information!